[TR] Suspension help.

pethier at comcast.net pethier at comcast.net
Tue Apr 29 23:17:10 MDT 2008

From: tom white <tswhitez123 at hotmail.com>
> I have a problem with the rear of my TR3A bottoming out.  I have fairly new
> stock rated springs, uprated Armstrong shocks, and the springs have been
> recurved to raise my ride height.  Now I bottom out going over freeway bumps
> just less frequently.  The bottoming seems to occur more on the drop off of a
> bump than on the up bump.

It's not bottoming.  It's topping.  TRs are underslung cars.  If you raised the ride height, you reduced the amount of droop allowed before the axle strikes the frame.

Big Healeys had this problem when the factory tried to raise the ride height for rallying.

--
Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul Minnesota  USA
1962 Triumph TR4 CT2846L, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban,