[TR] TR 2/4 block drain petcock

Angelo Graham agraham at execulink.com
Thu Apr 24 19:35:25 MDT 2008

Good day listers:
Has anyone used one of the newer ball-valve petcocks for the drain
petcock in the side of the TR2/4 block? Wondering if a ball-valve can
be sourced for this application? The threads look like 1/2" std. pipe
threads, but I gather that the valve body has to seal against the
block with a gasket or "O" ring. Haven't found anything that might work.
The original petcock on my block has pretty well had it with the
spring corroding to nothingness. Thought that a ball valve might be a
good substitution.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Angelo Graham