[TR] [6pack] Help with odd issue on my TR6

Todd Bermudez red_tr250 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 22 10:04:16 MDT 2008

either that or buy an mg> Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 08:45:37 -0700> From:
triosan at gmail.com> To: 70tr6 at mindspring.com> CC: Triumphs at autox.team.net;
6pack at autox.team.net> Subject: Re: [TR] [6pack] Help with odd issue on my TR6>
> You obviously need a new header, PI, a hotter cam, a better cooling system,>
more compression, close ratio gears, a new rear axle set, stronger front>
axels, toyota 5 speed and 4 pot front rotors, roller rockers -- all the>
things we need to keep the cars off the road and in repair forever!> > Enjoy
it while you got it.> > On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 8:17 AM, Ashford Little
<70tr6 at mindspring.com>> wrote:> > > Something is wrong with my car and I can't
seem to diagnose it.> > Traditionally after driving my car for even short
periods of time I> > have black soot all over the back of my car. The engine
marks its> > territory and consumes oil like some members consume Newcastle.
This> > all made sense, but no more.> >> > Now, when I drive my car there is
no plume of smoke, no tail lights> > that are stained black, and the engine
oil level remains constant. I> > just can't understand.> >> > Oh, and then
there's the performance issue; for some reason I'm now> > able to rev over 4k.
The car revs and revs and makes a nice howling> > noise when in the upper rpm
range. What am I to do?> >> >> > Ashford Little> > GTA Director> > 6-Pack
Membership Secretary> > '70 TR6> >