[TR] Triumph 2000 trailing arms bent?

Todd Bermudez red_tr250 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 21 08:40:19 MDT 2008

Thanks Jon,

Yep, very familiar with CW...not ordered yet, but I understand the shipping
costs are silly money, but if you wanna play....

We'll see what (if anything) turns up in the states...

Cheers,

Todd> From: standardtriumph at btinternet.com> To: red_tr250 at hotmail.com;
triumphs at autox.team.net> Subject: Re: [TR] Triumph 2000 trailing arms bent?>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 14:44:52 +0100> > Todd> > If you're unable to locate a
replacement arm, we've got hundreds of them lying around in the UK:) I > had
four once upon a time! Your best port of call is one Chris Witor. Looks like
the part you need > is part # 138112 or 138113- according to side if your
car's a Mk1 and not one of the Mk II's > (different #) that have snuck in over
the years. Chris has an on-line .pdf catalogue and price list > and it looks
as though one of these arms (used but he will have checked it) will cost you
about > US$30.00 plus freight. His URL is www.chriswitor.com NFI etc> >
Jonmac> > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Todd Bermudez"
<red_tr250 at hotmail.com>> To: <triumphs at autox.team.net>> Sent: Monday, April
21, 2008 2:04 PM> Subject: [TR] Triumph 2000 trailing arms bent?> > > > Anyone
ever seen a trailing arm bent? I have a '68 Triumph 2000 and while> >
replacing the trailing arm bushes(TR6 urethane bushes), we discovered the> >
outside pivot point on the trailing arm was noticeably bent inward toward the>
> other pivot point. I've NEVER seen this type of thing happen? We figured it>
> would've cracked or broken before bending. Perhaps it was cast that way? We>
> used a threaded rod from one pivot point to the other in order to draw the>
> bushes out. On the passenger side, the rod went thru the bushing tubes just>
> fine, but on the driver side it had to be driven thru. I suppose while> >
tightening the nuts on the threaded rod, we could've bent it...more than it> >
was cus it was bent already. We're guessing it was cast that way though.> >
Also while pulling the outer-most bracket (behind the 4 shims) was a large> >
hole just next to the spacer tubes. Probably going to need a trailing arm> >
section...if anyone out there has one?? Well, that and a trailing arm that's>
http://www.team.net/archive >