[TR] Triumph 2000 trailing arms bent?

Todd Bermudez red_tr250 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 21 07:04:27 MDT 2008

Anyone ever seen a trailing arm bent?  I have a '68 Triumph 2000 and while
replacing the trailing arm bushes(TR6 urethane bushes), we discovered the
outside pivot point on the trailing arm was noticeably bent inward toward the
other pivot point.  I've NEVER seen this type of thing happen?  We figured it
would've cracked or broken before bending.  Perhaps it was cast that way?  We
used a threaded rod from one pivot point to the other in order to draw the
bushes out.  On the passenger side, the rod went thru the bushing tubes just
fine, but on the driver side it had to be driven thru.  I suppose while
tightening the nuts on the threaded rod, we could've bent it...more than it
was cus it was bent already.  We're guessing it was cast that way though.
Also while pulling the outer-most bracket (behind the 4 shims) was a large
hole just next to the spacer tubes.  Probably going to need a trailing arm
section...if anyone out there has one??  Well, that and a trailing arm that's
NOT BENT :)

Cheers,

Todd Bermudez
Cincinnati, OH