[TR] ZS 175

Jeff Scarbrough fishplate at charter.net
Sun Apr 20 18:46:42 MDT 2008

At 02:17 PM 4/20/2008, j randolph sandner wrote:

>my carb bowl is leaking at the plug on the bottom.
>i have the new o-ring.
>is it possible to gently pry out the plug w/o breaking off the fingers,
>renewing the o-ring , and push the plug back in?
>Or do i have to remove bowl, and 'close the fingers' from inside?

You might be able to use pliers to gently pull it out, but the old
plug is probably fragile...you might be able to remove the bowl
screws and then change the o-ring on the bench.  If it were me, I'd
remove the carb and take the opportunity to inspect the float valves,
and check and set the floats.

Jeff Scarbrough      75 TR6 x 1, 76 1500 x 2, 78 1500 x 1, 80 1500 x 0.5
http://www.fishplate.org/vehicles/
Athens, Georgia         #354