[TR] 1948 Austin (NFI) FYI

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Tue Apr 15 18:27:03 MDT 2008

Antique 1948 Austin 4 door sedan - $3000 (Lakes (exit 23) Bristol)

Reply to: sale-638426742 at craigslist.org
Date: 2008-04-11, 10:58AM EDT

Here is a 1948 Austin 4 door sedan. Not perfect, but inspected and drivable. Who know how many miles? Has incorrect sezts (heated power seats from a Mazda), but I do have the origionals that need recovering. New brakes and a treasure trove of spare parts including: spare engine and transmission (condition unknown). full instruments, complete front suspension and steering, and lots of misc. smaller parts. New leather interior panels. 1/2 (top) of grill and "flying A" hood ortament gold plated. Chrome on grill and hood replated. New (incorrect) door handles, inside and out. New tires, but slightly oversized. Body, floors and frame solid.
Not so good is the headliner. It's there and intact but very fragle. The sunroof (factory) leaks a little. Some weatherstripping is old and fragle. The brakes sometimes "groan"?? But I do intend to look at that soon. The wiring is old and ugly but works. Paint job is not the best.
A very drivable and unique machine that sips fuel. 960cc engine (or thereabouts) si kinda underpowered for NH's hills, but will do 70 on the Interstate. Garaged all Winter.
Can be seen in Bristol most anytime. Is ad is still posted, I still have it. I really do hate to sell, but way too many vehicles. PLEASE do NOT make an offer. The price is absolutely firm and rock bottom. Will be more as the weather warms.
Better photos upon request. Doesn't looks as bad as this photo, but I had to shrink the file for CL........Call Pete 744-8284 or cell 566-1944