[TR] [6pack] clutch bleeding, tr6

Alan Salvatore tr6parts at charter.net
Mon Apr 14 07:34:44 MDT 2008

If thats correct, then thats the problem.

The arm is vertical  when pulled to the front, not to the rear.
When pulled to the rear it angles back to the rear and out of reach of the
slave cylinder rod.

The clutch shaft was just installed, not sure how it could be installed
wrong.

I guess I'll try some spacers or washers to move the slave cylinder farther
back.

thanks

Al

Al----The three-holed clutch operating shaft should be near vertical
when pulling the arm towards the rear of the car. This puts the throwout
bearing and associated linkage up against the clutch fingers. At this
point there should be no play.
When connecting the SC pushrod to the clutch arm, this 'rod should be
nestled into the SC piston depression. The piston should be well back
into the SC bore, so it should not come out when depressing the clutch
pedal.
Of course, as mentioned by another lister, the SC must be mounted in the
correct position on the engine backplate. Otherwise it has to reach too
far.

Dick

 From: tr6parts at charter.net(Alan Salvatore)

I just rebuilt the clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder. Now,I
can't get the slave cylinder to retract. It doesn't get any movement
until the piston is about to come out of the cylinder.
And then it pulls the rubber cap off.
I've bleed clutches many times before and this time I can't figure out
whats wrong.
Is it me or the slave cylinder????
Thanks,
Al Salvatore