[TR] Breaking up underload

Ann and Tim Buja thebujas at comcast.net
Mon Apr 14 00:16:33 MDT 2008

Tom wrote:
> Our TR6 experienced similar symptoms with a bad condenser.

>> Quick question on my 59 TR3A. I have been having intermittent
>> misfiring/sputtering when the car is giving full throttle under load.

Alex,
As the condenser gets worse the misfiring will occur at lower and lower RPMs
to the point where the engine may idle but won't accept any load.

You may also have a intermittent ignition coil lead or spark plug lead.

I'd replace the condenser first, then look at the wires.

Tim Buja - Rockford, IL - 80 TR8, 73 Stag, 72 TR6