[TR] TTA Stag update, needs somebody parts

Glenn A. Merrell StagByTriumph at tscusa.org
Sun Apr 13 21:22:29 MDT 2008

Hello All,

I just got a call this evening from the StagMeister heading up the TTA
Stag restoration teams with some very encouraging update news!

The undercarriage is now void of all undercoating, much of the paint has
been stripped, and the body metal spots are being repaired.  Within the
next three weekends, the teams want to have this chassis in primer ready
for spray, engine bay and underside chassis painted and coated.

It appears the front right 1/4 was hit once a while back and the repair
was all bondo slathered into holes drilled to hold the bondo in place.
Apparently quite the mess hidden under a white respray, and not really
something that can be banged out and welded up.

That was the only bad news, everything else looks great or has already
been patched with new metal.
So, the project needs either a good solid right 1/4 panel and a driver
side door skin to get this car ready for sanding and primer.

Anyone got something laying around we can get quick access to?  We would
like to get something in the mail this week to keep up with this
aggressive group of workers.

These restoration teams are cranking away on all parts like a bunch of
crazy Triumph owners on a mission! If they keep up at this pace, this
TTA Stag could be running before summer is over!!  And if we let them
put the tools down, they might go work on their own cars!!
I should have some update photos up on the TTA site sometime this week.

In the mean time I have John Mac contact the various Stag suppliers to
see what can be sourced and shipped this week if no one has anything
immediately on hand.

Don't forget, US enthusiasts could put your Economic Stimulus check to
good use completing this restoration, so if you have not pledged and
donated yet, please do help support this charity and epic drive!!

Cheers!

--
Glenn A. Merrell
Chairman, Triumph Stag Club USA (2007-2009)