[TR] Stant Superstat thermostat, pot test

Bob rpeglow at optonline.net
Sat Apr 12 17:26:17 MDT 2008

I put a standard and a Superstat 160 degree thermostat (both new Stant) in a
pot and heated the water while watching a thermometer.
They seemed to start opening at the same time and opened the same amount.
The Superstat is a much heavier unit and the disk portion is stainless
steel.
Stant says the Superstat regulates better, and if it fails, it will fail
open. To me that's worth he extra price, it's in the car for the summer.
Regards,
Bob