[TR] TRs and Stags and Wheels (Oh My!)

Glenn A. Merrell StagByTriumph at tscusa.org
Sat Apr 12 12:27:01 MDT 2008

Raymond Hatfield wrote:
> Hello Y'all,
>
> Negotiating with the wife on how to spend our tax refund, and I need a little
> help from the list.  Will the 16" Panasports/Minilites/whatever for the TR fit
> the Stag?  My wife really likes the low-profile look I got when I put 17"
> Mustang wheels on my TR4A, but prefers the classic look of Panasports.  Also,
> am I correct in believing that the wheel nuts are the same?  Last item, who
> would have the best price on the ones with the gold spokes (she thinks these
> will look really great on her Mallard Stag)
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Raymond L. Hatfield
> '65 TR4A IRS, O/D, SAH Tuned "Chance"
> '73 Stag 4.3L, Auto, A/C, etc "Molly"
> Little Rock, AR
>
> Come visit the Michelotti TR Website:
> http://www.geocities.com/michelotti_tr
Ray,
Just make sure your offsets are right and that the tires (or larger
wheels) do not hit the strut tube  Clearance there is very tight wider
tread or  when going to low profile tires and wider wheels.  Try to keep
the rolling diameter the same or you will run into wheel arch clearance
issues.

Glenn

--
Glenn A. Merrell
Chairman, Triumph Stag Club USA (2007-2009)