[TR] Should I have known this?

DLylis at aol.com DLylis at aol.com
Thu Apr 10 17:33:07 MDT 2008

Paul,
IMHO this is not the way to go.  The end plate must be installed in  such a
way that there is NO end play while allowing freedom of movement.   With the
bugger of a job it was to accomplish this on the bench, I can't imagine  that I
could get this done with the steering box in place.  I guess it is  possible
that if you remove it and are careful to replace it with the same
configuration of shims and gasket you will be OK.  That stator tube should  slide through
the end plate with it assembled.  There may be those that are  more creative
in this regard than I, but that is the way I would do  it.
I do not recall that the old stator tube that I had had the anti rattle
expansion that far down.  I changed over to Mark Macy's stainless that does  not
have that expansion.

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A TS74461LO