[TR] Upper Wishbone TR3

Bill Beecher bill_beecher at flash.net
Sat Apr 5 09:12:07 MST 2008

Good morning List,

Now that I have a stripped rolling chassis I have been look carefully at the
front suspension.  It was completely re-built by the PO and looks to be very
solid with the exception of the upper wishbone bushings.  One is obviously
loose so I will replace both sides while I am at it.

My question is this:  Can I simply remove the castellated nut at the
junction of the wishbones the pull the upper fulcrum pin and do the
replacement on the bench?  Being as there is no weight on the suspension, is
anything under tension or do I need to compress the road springs before
removing the wishbone units?

Thanks,

Bill B
'58 TR-3A TS/30766 L