[TR] Grill (TR4 rally)

Bill Davies bill at rarebits4classics.co.uk
Sat Apr 5 08:19:32 MST 2008

> ==AM==
> Steven, over $100 US EACH for what I believe is a used or possibly NOS
> grille? Wow. Apparently I'm sitting on a goldmine, what with all the
> Heralds
> around my house. Trouble is, I can't spare any grilles. (Sidebar: Neil
> Revington
> once asked me, via e-mail, if I had grilles available!) Guess I'd better
> put
> some security locks on all my Herald grilles, at least whenever I'm near a
> TR4
> project.... ;-)

Andy,
Like you, I have a decent supply of used Herald grilles, with more than a
handful of NOS examples ready for future projects. Most of the used grilles
I sell seem to end up in TR works replicas!
I was recently informed that the grille material has been remade. It seems
that exactly the same material was used by Aston Martin in the 1960s, take a
look through google for images of the DB4 family ad you'll soon recognise
that rille! Unfortunately, I've not been able to find out who makes it, so
Aston Martin may be the only route to buying this new,
Cheers,
Bill.