[TR] TR3A Hood/Trunk hinges

Geo & Kathleen Hahn ahwahnee at cybertrails.com
Fri Apr 4 10:52:22 MST 2008

I cut circles out of sheet aluminum and circles out of cotton sweatshirt cloth
and used those on the bottom of the rubber feet.  The aluminum is to spread
the load -- the feet appeared to be slightly dished though any suction they
would produce didn't seem necessary -- and I was concerned that the dish shape
would put all the load on the outer edge of the feet.  The cloth help protects
the finish.  Neither the metal nor the cloth is noticable when the rack is in
place.

I have never seen fading in exposed vs hidden areas on my car but it is
clear-coated.  The clear coat on mine seems to be about as soft as butter and
would likely become hazy spots under the feet w/o the cloth.

Geo