[TR] TR3A Hood/Trunk hinges

Adrian Jones adrianjones747 at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 3 17:42:00 MST 2008

Hi folks,

Well, I just back home from work and guess what.  The pin from one of the boot hinges had apparently fell out - leaving the trunk lid supported by only one hinge.  The pin in the other hinge is OK - flush with the hinge, but the pins in the hood hinges look like they may also go AWOL, both sticking out about 1/16 inch.  Has anybody experienced this?

At the very least, I would suggest adding this to your quick weekly inspection of the car.

Before I start the quest (undoubtedly futile) for a suitably sized drill bit to cut up as a replacement pin, has anyone got a spare hinge they would like to sell?

Regards, Adrian
TS 58324