[TR] FW: Re: TR6 electronic ignition

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Sun Sep 30 16:16:03 MDT 2007

From: terryrs at comcast.net
To: Tom Bottman <tbottman at earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 electronic ignition
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 22:15:26 +0000

> I have just installed a Pertronix "Ignitor" ignition in my '74 TR6, along
> with a matching Flamethrower coil. It is a very easy installation, and the
> car started up promptly. However, it is running rough and I have determined
> that there is no spark at the #1 cylinder (at the front of the engine). I
> have changed spark plug, wire, and distributor cap - still no spark.

Love talking about things I know nothing about, because when the flames start coming back, I learn everything I could possible want to know!

I notice you didn't say you'd replaced the rotor.  Given how vulnerable these are to failure these days, I wonder if the other three cylinders are on the edge, but holding their own, while that one cylinder is the first to fail?

...Or are rotors all-or-nothing type failures?

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A