[TR] TR6 electronic ignition

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Sep 30 13:06:12 MDT 2007

> The resistor must be somewhere in the wire harness. Does
> anyone have any idea as to where?????

It's resistor wire, and runs through the harness from a joint (inside the
harness) near the coil to a joint near the base of the steering column.

Easier IMO to pick up the white wire at the fuse block.

> And, would this improper hook up cause only one cylinder to fail?

Not likely IMO, but possible.  More likely, I think, that the magnet ring is
defective (as several other people have mentioned getting bad magnet rings).
Try turning the ring and see if the problem moves to a different cylinder.

And as a quick test for low voltage being the problem, you could just
temporarily remove the red wire from the coil and jumper it directly to the
hot battery terminal.  That effectively bypasses the coil (and switch).
This is mentioned in the Pertronix trouble-shooting suggestions.

Randall