[TR] Testing by dropping the car from 6" off the ground?

tom white tswhitez123 at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 30 10:09:12 MDT 2007

Hi Paul,

Dropping the car is not a good test for welds.  When I began building stock
cars I had never welded a thing.  I bought a MIG welder and set about trial
and error learning.  The car builder that I consulted with gave me a couple of
tests.

The ultimate test where you can use it is to hit the piece welded on with a
good hammer blow.  If it comes loose the weld is bad.

The other test is strictly whether the piece loosens up with use.  The car
builder told me that if the piece don't fall off the car the welds are good
enough.

Best regards,
Tom

hs