[TR] Interesting cooling system web page

nwolf at u.washington.edu nwolf at u.washington.edu
Thu Sep 27 10:40:50 MDT 2007

Ooh, that is VERY cool, a nice rigorous study, and some of the results were surprising:

1. Airflow is ~95% of the problem, far more important than choice of radiator.
2. Slower-flowing water is better.
3. Fans should be 1" away from the radiator.
4. Some electric fans are much more effective than others (many blades bad).

   Too bad they only tested the electric fans in pusher configuration, but I guess that the removal of the stock fan is not really an option on the Tiger?

-Nick
64-ish TR4
Vancouver, BC