[TR] The Supercharger Effect

Rick patton at suscom-maine.net
Tue Sep 18 19:14:18 MDT 2007

Hello Tom,

The ignition system on my car is distributorless. There are three coils,
each firing two plugs at the same time. Instead of a distributor, a computer
monitors a sprocket wheel (crank sensor) mounted in front of the harmonic
balancer firing the coils according to a matrix in the computers memory.
It's taken me a while and a ton of trial and error to get it right. What
remains of the distributor is the tach drive and a single spinning tooth
that is used as a cam sensor for the fuel injection timing.

You can see the before and after pictures of the distributor at:
http://topshamautoparts.com/tr6/camsensor.htm

Rick Patton
http://sidedrafttbi.com/

snip