[TR] dry needle drift?

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Sep 17 00:28:27 MDT 2007

>     I rebuilt them myself and I think I need to 'refreshen'
> them again, especially since the needles' no longer are
> centered (Dry needle drift?).

How do you know they are no longer centered ?  If that is really the
problem, then IMO there must have been something wrong before.  They don't
drift out of centering even when the car is driven regularly.  Basically the
only time they should need recentering is if you disturb the jet housing for
some other reason.

> I am curious, "why the Mystery oil?"

It's a mystery to me.
(Sorry, had to say it.)
What have you been doing with MMO ?  Filling the dampers with it, perhaps ?
The book tells you to overfill the dampers, which I think is so the excess
can run down and lubricate where the rod slides in the dome.  From there, it
will eventually find it's way out through the holes in the bottom of the
piston, and might conceivably puddle in the intake if the engine was not
running.  Shouldn't be a problem, as long as the quantity is small.

Randall