[TR] dry needle drift?

Paul Dorsey dorpaul at negia.net
Sun Sep 16 14:33:12 MDT 2007

I've had my car up on scaffolding (automotive?) for the past 6-8 mths. while
my attention has turned to other parts of the car.  It has been slow.  My
attention is slow, too.  About a year ago I had it running for several
hours(the first since a professional rebuild).  The rebuild did not include
the SU H-6 carbs.
    I rebuilt them myself and I think I need to 'refreshen' them again,
especially since the needles' no longer are centered (Dry needle drift?).
Upon removing the rear carb from the intake  I see a puddle of Marvel's
Mystery Oil in the intake manifold.  It has that distinct aroma.  Although
I've been caught fondling with the small knurled caps of the oil dampeners and
playing with the SU piston's, I've had little other interaction with my engine
for almost a year.  I am curious, "why the Mystery oil?"

Thanks,
Paul Dorsey
60 TR3- "Camille"