[TR] Fwd: RE: TR4A missing. The saga continues....

wbeech wbeech at flash.net
Fri Sep 14 11:13:46 MDT 2007

I assume you have a stock mechanical fuel pump... About 2-3psi is all that
is needed, remember the pressure can't be so high as to force past the float
bowl check-valve.  I have not tried the distance test with my car but would
think it would not squirt more than a couple of feet, depends a lot on the
hose size.
Speaking of which, have you check the float levels to be sure they are no
set too low?

Have you swapped the HT leads between plugs?  Still #3?
Have you swapped plugs between cylinders? Still #3?

Have you checked for an intake manifold leak that could be throwing the
balance off?

You have an interesting problem, and a lot armchair mechanic's input, we are
all waiting to hear the solution in order to add it to the database of our
minds. :-)

Bill B
'58 TR-3A TS/30766 L (rolling restoration)
"A bad day in your TR just gives you license to go shopping on-line again!"