[TR] Rebuilt carb start up

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Sep 14 09:23:24 MDT 2007

> OK I had the carbs rebuilt by Paltech and they are beautiful.
> Put them on last night and I can barely get the car to start
> let alone run. It backfires through the rear carb. Didn't
> touch the distributor. I have not put light oil in  the
> pistons reservoirs yet. Thoughts?

Did you check that the chokes were at least roughly synchronized ?  Carb
mixture settings roughly equal ?

Any chance the plug wires have been disturbed, or the valve lash might be
wrong ?

Should be able to idle OK without oil in the dampers, although it can
definitely cause problems when you open the throttles.

Randall