[TR] Triumph makes list of 50 worst cars

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Sep 9 16:20:05 MDT 2007

> Every one of these cars (and others on the list)
> was a marvel of engineering and design in its day, and every
> one is now a collector's item worth far more than it cost
> new.  (Except for the EV-1... nobody was ever allowed to buy
> those, and they are all crushed now).

I could be mistaken, but it's my understanding that there are a few of them
in collector's hands.  I've seen one in the Peterson Museum, for example
(although I don't know who it belonged to).  GM supposedly disabled them by
removing the batteries & controller, but the car itself was preserved.

>    In short, it was written to raise ire.  The best response
> is probably to ignore it.

I agree, but it's much too late for that now.  The uproar is truly
impressive, and I'll bet Time has had more web hits in the last month than
in the year before that.

Randall