[TR] Carpet snaps?

Bob Labuz yellowtr at adelphia.net
Fri Sep 7 15:24:53 MDT 2007

On Friday 07 September 2007 01:08 pm, tom white wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I have developed enough confidence in the drive line of my machine that I
> am installing the carpets that have been sitting here for eight years.
>
> The snaps that hold down some sections of the carpet have a spike ring that
> goes through the carpet into the top half of the snap.
>
> Can someone tell me the best way to bend these spikes over to secure the
> top half of the snap?
>

> Best regards,
> Tom

Tom,

I place the ring in the carpet, turn it over and place the snap ring in
position and then carefully hit the spike with a tack hammer, all three in
succession until it is tight. Works real nice since the hammer is made for
things such as this. I use a wooden block against the ring when hitting the
spikes with the hammer.

Bob