[TR] Carpet snaps?

Chip19474 at aol.com Chip19474 at aol.com
Fri Sep 7 12:16:35 MDT 2007

In a message dated 9/7/2007 10:09:25 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
tswhitez123 at hotmail.com writes:

Can  someone tell me the best way to bend these spikes over to secure the top

half of the snap?

Tom,

While they're may be a special tool for this operation, I use my wide  (deep)
set jaw pliers and crimp the tabs squeezing from top and bottom.   You may
have to fold some of the carpet over so the pliers will reach the snap  but
that's okay, the carpet bends easily and will return to it's original  shape.

Chip Krout
Delaware Valley Triumphs, Ltd.
Skippack, PA
1976 TR6  CF57822U