[TR] PLASTIC 'beehive' stand-alone unit

Paul Dorsey dorpaul at negia.net
Tue Sep 4 21:27:02 MDT 2007

I haven't really ever beheld an assembled 'beehive light', that is at the
same time as 'knowing' what it was I was behold'n.  Mine are in boxes.  I
did slip the TR3A's metallic ring over the NAPA unit and the flange caught
it correctly- but- still I was reluctant to say they 'interchanged'.

Remember- I bought an abandoned project.  I've never operated my Triumph.
My friends and family think, "it gives him something to do... We don't think
those things really run".  The time it's taking seemingly is proving them
right.  I know... I could be fishing or collecting stamps.

Thanks,
Paul Dorsey

ORIGINAL POST:
> NAPA part 1001D is a complete independant taillight with a
> 90% identical but
> (PLASTIC) 'beehive lens' for a TR3.  This unit has both lens
> and mounting base and is the correct size and styling for a
> TR3's (other model or makes?), however, the len's plastic
> flanges are different and will not interchange.

Funny, it used to be they would actually fit the Lucas holder on a TR3A.  I
used them as replacements before I knew about Moss & TRF.  Didn't fit very
well, but they would stay in place.

Randall