[TR] PLASTIC 'beehive' stand-alone unit

zoboherald at aol.com zoboherald at aol.com
Tue Sep 4 08:07:59 MDT 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Dorsey <dorpaul at negia.net>

NAPA part 1001D is a complete independant taillight with a 90%
identical but
(PLASTIC) 'beehive lens' for a TR3.  This unit has both lens and
mounting base
and is the correct size and styling for a TR3's (other model or makes?),
however, the len's plastic flanges are different and will not
interchange.  I
believe they come in red and amber and cost about $6....

==AM==
Wow, I must be getting older than I thought. I remember when those were
about 49 cents at Western Auto and similar stores, back in the late
1960s. We had a couple (one white and one amber) on the front of my
Dad's Herald as a temporary fix until I could get hold of a "proper"
replacement side lamp after a collision. I think those two lamps might
still be somewhere in the attic of my mom's garage.... :-)

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
 -- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database at its new URL: <http://triumph-herald.us>