[TR] Georgia more progressive than California?

Jeff Scarbrough fishplate at charter.net
Mon Sep 3 22:55:48 MDT 2007

At 03:33 PM 9/3/2007, you wrote:

>I had hoped to mount a rollbar on my TR3 and put additional taillights on it
>for visibility.  However, I am not sure that this will be allowed in Georgia
>(I have not checked 'with the boys downtown yet').
>     The Rulebook seems to say that lights (?) need to be from 16" to 30" high
>(and my gas cap is 36" off the ground!).  I can't even find mention of
>'rollbars'.  Am I reading things wrong?

I can't imagine that our friends in Law Enforcement have nothing
better to do than chase an old TR through the streets of Jawja with
tape measure in hand...  As long as you don't do anything to warrant
their attention, you shouldn't have any problem.  I don't believe
you'll have any problem.

Further, take a look at http://www.lexis-nexis.com/hottopics/gacode/
-- this is Lexis-Nexis' copy of the Official Code of Georgia.  Title
40, chapter 8, Part 2 is where you need to look.  Among other things,
see Section 40-8-23 (c): Every taillight upon every vehicle shall be
located at a height of not more than 60 inches nor less than 20
inches, to be measured as set forth in subsection (b) of Code Section 40-8-21.

I couldn't find roll bars mentioned anywhere...

>Is Georgia more progressive than California?

Less persnickety, maybe...

Cheers,
Jeff Scarbrough