[TR] vintage races

McGaheyRx at aol.com McGaheyRx at aol.com
Mon Sep 3 09:28:10 MDT 2007

In a message dated 9/3/2007 8:37:09 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
ElangTR4 at aol.com writes:

Vintage  races are a blast. I'm only a spectator, but am fortunate to live
an
easy drive from Mid-Ohio SCC, Nelson Ledges, and Schenley Park in
Pittsburgh.
Vintage and SCCA drivers are usually very friendly guys  willing to show and
tell all about their cars. When my son was  younger, some would even invite
him  to get behind the wheel for a  picture. We always make time to walk
through
the  paddock to get  closer look at cars we don't see at British cars shows,
like Elva   Couriers, and Ginettas. One of these years I'd like to do a
vintage
race tour to other tracks like Road America, Watkins Glen, and  Lime  Rock

Add The Gold Cup Historic Races at Virginia International Raceway to your
"must do" list.
_http://www.virclub.com/vir/index.php?option=com_content&task=category&section
id=33&id=133&Itemid=161_
(http://www.virclub.com/vir/index.php?option=com_content&task=category&sectionid=33&id=133&Itemid=161)

The addition of Burt Levy's "Last Open Road Auto Olympics" this year  made a
great weekend even better.
_http://www.virclub.com/vir/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=211&Item
id=159_
(http://www.virclub.com/vir/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=211&Itemid=159)

Besides all the Vintage Racing you get a Car Show, parade laps on the big
track, a fun rally, and an autocross - for anybody in any car in the "Auto
Olympics".

Cheers,
Jack Mc