[TR] TR3 Ribbed or Smooth Letters

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Oct 31 22:47:46 MST 2007

> I've never totally bought into the legend that random piles
> of parts lay around waiting to be randomly placed on cars
> coming down the assembly line. ;-)

Well, I was thinking more along the lines of having 2 alternate suppliers
and buying from whoever had the best price/availability at the time.  A
common practice both then and now, I believe, although usually the parts are
fully interchangeable (like the wiring harnesses).

FWIW, Bill Piggott gives the change point between ribbed/smooth as being at
body number EB72384.

Randall