[TR] 3A Rockers with new valve seats

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sat Oct 27 16:49:28 MDT 2007

> Are these "no lead" seats thicker
> than the  OEM seats

The original seats were simply part of the head casting, so the casting must
be machined to accept the replacement seats.  Then the new seat is machined
in place to match the valve.  Those two machining operations are what set
the height of the new seat, not the thickness of the insert.

Since the original seats were pretty much flush with the surface of the
combustion chamber, it seems unlikely to me that the inserts are too high
unless they actually protrude from the surface.

So my advice is to don't worry, be happy.

Wish I had a TR running, I'd go for a drive even though the weather has
turned gloomy.

Randall