[TR] 3A Rockers with new valve seats

DLylis at aol.com DLylis at aol.com
Sat Oct 27 16:03:42 MDT 2007

I have seen this question asked on another site about a TR6 which got me to
thinking (Oh oh).
I had new seats put in my 3A head and the valves ground to them.  This
pulled the valve down into the chamber more than before as the old valve seats  had
receded.  When I set up the rockers I had to move the adjusters down to  meet
the pushrods a bit more than they were before.  When I set this up I  looked
at how the rocker sat on the valve stem and it looked OK but I am going  to
pull the valve cover again and give it closer inspection.
The reason for the post: Are these "no lead" seats thicker than the  OEM
seats and has this changed the rocker geomoetry, or is this now returned to  the
way it was originally? The amount I had to screw down the adjuster is more
than I would have imagined from replacing the seats.
TIA
David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A TS74461LO