[TR] build date of TR3A

John Macartney standardtriumph at btinternet.com
Sat Oct 27 16:40:14 MDT 2007

Well Joe, perhaps 1743 wasn't the best date to pick at random. Further study
from my diary for that year reveal a certain Mr Thomas Jefferson was born.
That was the good news.

The bad news is there was a prolonged strike in Coventry as a result of the
city of Philadelphia opening a "pesthouse" into which immigrants - mainly
from Coventry and the surrounding district were consigned. Word got back
quite quickly and there was a long-term stoppage. That said, 1742 was quite
good - except for the harvest over here and 1744 saw quite a lot of rain.

Jonmac