[TR] build date of TR3A

Jim Wallace grandfatherjim at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 21:03:29 MDT 2007

Ed Fisher wrote:

Wow, this means that my TR3A TS 22656L is actually a 1957 built car?
That is fantastic since I have always wanted a 1957 vehicle to match my
build date of 07/19/1957.  We are both 50 years old.  I had lamented
that it was a 1958 on the title, but after reading this digest for
years, waiting to start/finish the restoration on this Texas jewel, I
had secretly hoped that it was indeed a 1957.  The above numbers confirm
it.  That is fantastic.
=======================
Welcome to the club Ed; my own build date is 05/20/57, though my TR3
hasn't quite made it, having a build date of late 1960.
Approaching the big 5-0, I was a little apprehensive - thought I'd
feel outcast and ignored, simply lumped in with the growing
demographic wearing plaid pants. But on arrival, I find I feel better
than ever, and that it is kind of liberating doing whatever I please
and being ignored! So now it doesn't matter if I wear clothes that
don't match when I go to town, or don't wear any when I go to the
beach, or my hair, what precious little is left of it, is out of place
when I go to town for the groceries.
I can be that funky old grandfather from out in the country with all
the old vehicles about his place who constantly injures himself with
his tools and doesn't mind.
(Strange to me, is that as I look around at work, suddenly I have
become the senior person (in age), and have gained respect by default.
I like that too, being considered the wise sage. Little do they
know....bruhahahaha....)
So, to those who have been around a bit longer, does this just get
better? Or is this a symptom of the long slippery downhill slide I am
experiencing here?

Jim
60 TR3A
72 VW Type 2 Adventurewagon