[TR] Autumn classic.-- now rear springs

MMoore8425 at aol.com MMoore8425 at aol.com
Tue Oct 23 14:23:54 MDT 2007

In a message dated 10/23/2007 1:13:46 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
jrherrera90 at hotmail.com writes:

I cut  the pin flush with the outer frame rail with a sawzall, then was able
to  remove the remaining piece with the body in place and no hole drilled in
it. I put a pickle fork under the pin head and beat on the end of the  pickle
fork so that it acted as a lever to pull the pin. I also used  Aerokroil, a
torch, and curse words. Quite a bit of torch,  actually.

I have to tell you abut my facial injuries I sustained trying to remove
mine.  I rolled under the car on my creeper   with my propane  torch. I had a neat
idea about heating the bolt, and spraying liquid wrench on  while hot. I
heated the dickens out of it, then turned the torch off, and  sprayed the hot bolt
with Liquid Wrench. There was a huge fireball right in my  face. I banged may
head up and rolled over my fingers trying to get out.
I had no eyebrows, no eyelashes, my hairline had receded, my face was
sunburnt and I had several cuts and bruises where my head had bounced off the
underside coming out. Worst was my fingers-badly bruised.
it doesn''t take an open flame to ignite Liquid Wrench!
Mike Moore