[TR] Push or pull

John Macartney standardtriumph at btinternet.com
Tue Oct 23 12:58:22 MDT 2007

I take the view that the standard fan was only reasonably good at engine
speeds up to about 2000rpm. After that it became more of a 'drag' and just
absorbs useful power I'd prefer goes to the wheels.

For the 2009 Triumph Trans-America Charity Drive, I've already planned:

1. Two pushers - and only because of space
2. Sheet metal ducting in the air intake
3. A completely new state of the art radiator
4. A temp gauge that tells me more than just "it's warm water" - but gives a
specific reading, and
5. A manual override switch to the fans themselves.
6. Lower operating temp thermostat

If it boils after all that, it'll just boil. So will I as the car has no A/C

Jonmac