[TR] Push or Pull

BearTranserv at aol.com BearTranserv at aol.com
Tue Oct 23 10:43:38 MDT 2007

In a message dated 10/23/2007 5:01:03 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
DLylis at aol.com writes:

I  would  prefer that the electric fan not be
seen from inside the  engine bay.  What  say those with experience in this?

It looks to me like most OEM applications are pushers.  Having said  that, my
experience on the Spridget list leads me to believe those cars are very
sensitive to radiator obstruction and the electric fans only seem to work as
pullers.

On my BGT I installed a 15" as a pusher and I'm having overheating  problems.
 That may not be the cause, but I do intend to reinstall it as a  puller,
after I check the timing, thermostat, and radiator for internal  blockage.

On my TR4 I intend to install a puller because there seems to be so much
more room on that side to reach it for adjustment, installation, maintenance,
replacement....

Robert B.  Houston
Texan in New Mexico

63 TR4

As he stared at her ample  bosom, he daydreamed of the dual Stromberg
carburetors in his vintage  Triumph, highly functional yet pleasingly formed,
perched prominently on top of  the intake manifold, aching for experienced
hands, the small knurled caps of the  oil dampeners begging to be inspected and
adjusted as
described in chapter  seven of the shop manual.
Dan McKay