[TR] rewiring my TR3

Bob Labuz yellowtr at adelphia.net
Tue Oct 16 19:13:54 MDT 2007

On Tuesday 16 October 2007 08:18 pm, 60TR3A wrote:
> I am just getting started rewiring my TR3 with a Dan Master's kit.  I
> have completed the rear lighting system & the gas tank float.  I am
> now beginning the instrument panel.  There are a number of switches
> that have hole in which you insert the wire and then clamp it in
> place with the end of a machine screw.  My question is should one
> solder the end of the wire before clamping it or leave it unsoldered??
>
> Thanks
>
> John
>
> John A. Wise
> Glendale, AZ
>
> 1960 Triumph TR3A
> Commission No: TS80422L
> http://members.cox.net/60tr3a/
> http://www.triumphowners.com/876
>
> 1977 Porsche 911S
> http://members.cox.net/porsche911s/
John,

During my 58 restoration way back when, I tinned all wires that attached to a
switch or in the case of the voltage regulator. It appears to me that the
solder creates a "softer" seat for the screw plus helps prevent the wires
from breaking.

It is alot of work but I believe it is worth the effort.

Bob