[TR] TR3 to Spitfire: gas tank interchangable?

zoboherald at aol.com zoboherald at aol.com
Tue Oct 16 07:39:57 MDT 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Dorsey <dorpaul at negia.net>

I have just bought a Spitfire (62-70 Mkl-Mklll) fuel tank for only $15
off
Ebay.  It seems the dimensions are similar to my TR3's tank size.  One
guy
said he thought they were interchangable.  Is this true?

==AM==
Paul, they are somewhat similar in that they both have "top/center"
inlets. However, the Spitfire tank is only 9.9 gallons as I recall, so
it is notably smaller in capacity and physical size (and shape) than
the TR3 tank. The Spitfire tank also mounts differently (not an
insurmountable problem, but worth noting).

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
 -- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database at its new URL: <http://triumph-herald.us>