[TR] James Bond uses POR-15

Paul Dorsey dorpaul at negia.net
Sun Oct 14 12:01:42 MDT 2007

I've had success with dispensing POR-15 (Paint Over Rust) into much smaller
jars and then using them more often than the gallon quantity.  I think my last
gallon was poured into 25 smaller containers.  I also buy a quantity of $0.50
brushes enabling me to throw them away.  I also use 'clear' as spots on the
driveway don't show up if it rains!
    The instructions must have been written by James Bond, they say, "like a
great martini, it must be stirred and not shaken."  However, this I've NOT
adhered to, perhaps someone can tell me why this is important.
(Unfortunately, Randall dosen't use POR-15).  At any rate, I shake my little
container, use it and the brush up, and then sleep extra soundly at night!  Go
ahead someone, Burst my bubble!

Also, perhaps a better method for dispensing POR-15, would be to screw a small
screw of somekind into the bottom of the $130 gallon POR-15.  I've heard that
this is possible, but I didn't won't to unscrew it 20 times.  Is this really a
better way?
    BTW, I've heard the best deals on this stuff is on Ebay.  According to
Por-15.com they want :
      Pint............   $27.25
      Quart.........   $40.75
      Gallon........ $130.00

According to my calculations, if you order the same amount as a gallon from
them (but in 8 cans that are pint size) you pay $88 dollars just for the
priviledge of stirring smaller cans!  (Of course, I could 'stir' my little
containers if it's that important!)

Thanks,
Paul Dorsey