[TR] Emailing: triumph

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Sun Oct 14 09:44:09 MDT 2007

In a message dated 10/13/2007 5:00:39 PM Central Daylight Time,
standardtriumph at btinternet.com writes:
> A pity that Bentley is now
> owned by that Hitler's People's Car outfit and the current Rolls Royce looks
>
> like a brothel on wheels -

Perhaps you can verify or deny the story I heard which goes as follows:

BMW were in line to buy Rolls Royce but at the last minute VW snuck in a
higher bid.  Bitter and vengeful, BMW realizes that the RR name was, in actuality,
owned by the air craft company so they bought the name rights our from under
VW and consequently VW were denied the use of the RR brand are using the
Bentley name instead.

If not true it sure makes a good story (which means it is probably a
fabrication).

Cheers

Dave