[TR] TR4 Door Checkstraps

Jeffrey Barteet barteet at mrl.ucsb.edu
Mon Oct 8 10:00:50 MDT 2007

Hi, Folks,

I'm replacing the check straps on  my TR4, something I've been meaning
to do, literally, for years.

Now that I've got all the panels off and I'm in there, I see I have a
two-fold problem. The checkstrap assembly provided by Moss goes into the
kick panel area just in front of the door without issues. The problem
I've encountered is the 'anchor' portion of the check strap on the door
itself. It is distorted and almost torn free from the door.

The PO who was the original owner must have been pretty heavy handed and
threw the door open pretty hard.

Is there a repair part for this? The anchor is spot welded to the door
frame, so it's not something you can unbolt and replace.

Any suggestions from the folks who have BTDT?

Thanks!

-jeffrey

--
Jeffrey Barteet