[TR] TR3 alternator coversion

60TR3A 60TR3A at cox.net
Fri Oct 5 18:09:28 MDT 2007

I am beginning the process of converting to an alternator and
installing a Dan Masters wiring system.  I started by trying to
install the alternator.  I cannot get the old belt on the alternator
pulley & I cannot get the old belt off, because the yellow radiator
fan is too close to the radiator - I would guess there is no more
than a 1/2" gap.

My guess is my only choice is to pull off the front end and
radiator.  But that sounds like an extremely difficult thing to do
anytime you have to change a belt!!!!

What can I do to avoid this in the future???

I have an electric fan, so maybe I should ditch yellow fan??

Is there someway to mount the fan so it is farther from the
radiator?? I have a picture of the way it is mounted in the middle of
the following page http://members.cox.net/60tr3a/radiator.html

Advice please!!!!

John

John A. Wise