[TR] Solid state fuel pump location

THOMAS FANSHER tfansher at comcast.net
Thu Oct 4 06:44:29 MDT 2007

I have a later style TR3A with the back seat so there is  vertical metal in
front of the fuel tank.  I mounted mine here. It's just behind the driver's
seat back.  I did mount a filter - glass with disposable insert - before the
pump and did not install a cut off, but I think that's a great idea. I did
install the shutoff in the engine compartment, but that's more for looks
than helping with changing a filter when the tank is full. My wiring runs
along the passenger side with the harness then under the carpet to behind
the driver's seat then through the vertical to the pump. Nice installation
and up out of the way. In the trunk would be handier to change, but loss of
alot of space. I don't know if it could fit behind the tank but infront of
the trunk vertical panel.
Hope this helps.
Tom
Tom