[TR] Solid state fuel pump location

Kinderlehrer Kinderlehrer at comcast.net
Wed Oct 3 21:35:48 MDT 2007

When I put one on my TR3A, I made a bracket out of galvanized steel
strapping, the stuff with the regular spaced holes. (14 ga., 1 1/2 inches
wide - I just measured it).  It was 2 pieces, 1 bent into a "C" shape with
ears that wrapped around the frame in front of the axle.  The other piece
was straight and it bolted to the 1st piece and the fuel pump was bolted to
that. I can't remember all the details, I have since removed it, but I know
I used "O" rings between the fuel pump and the bracket and I think I used
some rubber gasket material between the bracket and the frame.  It did run
pretty quite, could barely hear it even with the motor off.

I would recommend that you put a filter before the pump and a shut-off valve
before the filter.

HTH,
Bob