[TR] Brake Caliper Confusion

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Oct 3 23:43:37 MDT 2007

> 16P Caliper, Imperial - up to CC29929 (early '69) 16PB
> Caliper, Imperial - from CC29930 and up to CC81078 (late '69
> - mid '72) M16P Caliper, Metric - after CC81078 (late '72 on)

Bob, I don't know where the M16P designation came from; perhaps that is what
Girling called them or possibly TRF made it up on their own.  But I do know
that the 'metric' calipers found on later TR6 have "16PB" cast into them,
and look to be the same castings as the earlier SAE 16PB calipers.  They are
just machined differently with metric threads & bolt holes.  Different pad
retaining pins too, as I recall.

Randall